Entertainment Law practice covers all segments of the entertainment industry, including motion pictures, television, music, theater, interactive and digital entertainment and sports. We handle transactional matters for all types of individuals and institutions and help them in both the creative and the business aspects of their entertainment, media and technology initiatives.
Industry heavyweights hire E.L. Key Law LLC. to negotiate complex contracts, leverage entertainment properties and skillfully handle disputes when they arise.
We have in-depth knowledge in the music and cinema industry. We know the industry players, often on a first-name basis, because our lawyers have had a hand in many of the entertainment industry’s biggest contracts and deals.
As a result, we are able to assist media, entertainment companies and talent to connect and work with these key industry players with the resources that can help to further their business and creative initiatives. In addition, our legal expertise and understanding of our clients’ businesses and objectives allow us to give practical advice for prudent decision-making.
We provide Legal counsel to production companies, artists, authors, producers, writers, directors, talent and below the line personnel including contract negotiations, intellectual property rights, licensing agreements, motion picture and television distribution agreements, screenwriters’ agreements, production contracts, licensing and distribution agreements and assistance in the management of daily business matters.
E.L. Key Law Group’s areas of representation include:
- Film and television financing, development, production and distribution
- Theatrical stage production and financing
- Finder’s contracts and shopping agreements
- Domestic and international co-production and pre-sale
- Branded entertainment
- Advertising and marketing
- Book-to-film deals
- Film and television animation agreements
- Digital, mobile, social media and video content distribution and licensing
- Intellectual property protection and enforcement
- Fair use legal opinions
- Talent agreements
- Endorsement deals
- Music agreements, including master use and synchronization license
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations and strategic alliances
- Collective bargaining negotiations/agreements, including SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, Teamsters and IATSE agreements
- Employment agency license applications
- Talent management, model management, talent agency, literary agent and publishing agreements
- Clearances and errors and omissions (E&O) insurance
- Regulatory compliance, including SEC, FTC and FCC regulations